Wednesday, February 23, 2011

today i...

...learned a whole lot from "the well guy" about pumps and bladders and water tables (and about whether or not fix the well that is in the rear of the new property). Plus I learned he used to be a professional wind surfer until he had to "get a real job".

....learned a bit about home security systems and that ours is the only thing that hasn't been yanked out of the wall (even our thermostat is gone).

....went shopping for a couple of lamps at IKEA because, "let there be light."

....learned about which trees on the property can be trimmed with or without a permit and which ones were planted by the city, and I also learned that the dead tree in the front yard can be replaced by the city at no charge.

....was present for the power company's visit, and now have a not-so-smart "Smart Meter".



I am quite tired, and still have a mountain of laundry before sleep.

Thanks for all the lovely comments about the house, y'all :-)
I'd love to show you some shots of the inside, but I feel like I need to wait until there is at least on "after" picture. The "before" shots that we exist in now are just too scary on their own! I'll see what I can do, though.

0 comments: