Monday, April 04, 2011

best / worst

I'm sure I've written about this before at some point over the last several years of blogging, but when MyFavoriteKid was little, we used to play "best and worst" every night at bedtime. Even if the day was average, there was always a high spot and a low spot, and of course, some days there were extremes. It was always interesting to me to hear what he thought constituted a best and a worst.

I wish we still played. Today he had a worst, but he won't tell me what, because he says he's a teenager and it's none of my business...but he rated it a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10, and he says it's not school related, it's social related, and that he's feeling a mix of angry and sad, and that he didn't do anything wrong that I'll be getting a call about, and can you tell I tried to play 20-questions with him??

I think something went sour with his girlfriend. Not quite sure what, because he won't tell me, but I'm pretty sure that's it.


So here's my best and worst today (and actually, we always used to list the worst first, so we'd end on a note of gratitude):


My Worst: Spilling a blender full of freshly made Pear-Chocolate-Ginger Smoothie all over the kitchen cabinets and floors and onto my lap and all over my wheelchair (go team!).

My Best: Stopping by the new house tonight to make sure the guys locked up after working today, and to turn lights on to keep the place looking occupied....and looking out the wall of windows that will be the dance and meditation space that overlooks the pool...and finding that the place still feels so consistently peaceful and clear.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We do a little something similar at bedtime called "My Favorite Today." So, I guess we just hit on the best part of the day for now...maybe when The Boy is a bit older we'll start throwing in the bummers. Heh.