Friday, April 22, 2011

freebie friday returns!

Ahhhh. I got all the past due goodies to the post office on Tuesday, so I am almost totally caught up. I am only behind on shipping one item, as I have still yet to hear back from Barb.

BARB! A SHOUT OUT TO BARB! You won the knitting bag from a few weeks back! Please send me an email with your mailing address (a link to my email address is in the sidebar). Thank you!

And now for this week's Friday Free Thang!


I've been really making an effort to restore my sanity this past week, and it's been quite successful. I've been many of the things I can that I know help: more sleep, less tv (especially the news), more knitting, eating less crap, asking for more help, listening to more music, practicing more mediation, and listening to more dharma talks (buddhist teaching lectures).

So when I went digging through TheBoxOfThingsToBeGivenAway this week, and I came up with this, it felt perfect.



This is a small book that includes a CD by one of my favorite buddhist teachers. Seeing it in the box inspired me to pull out my copy this week and listen to it, which was part of my mood improvement plan.

If you would like to toss your name into the hat for this book, just leave a note here in the comments. No need add extra pretty-pleases to win (unless it pretty-pleases you), because it's a random number generator that will pick the winner on Thursday at noon. I will announce the winner's name here next Friday.

If you have something to say, but do not want to be entered, you can always do that, too, Just say so.


Om ;-)

10 comments:

jjillyb said...

I could soooo use a joyful mind.

jjillyb said...

I could soooo use a joyful mind!!

Pickyknitter said...

oh! please can I be entered for this week's drawing?????? Also, I suggest cupcakes as runner up prizes *cough* just sayin'.

Happy chocolate bunnies and painted eggs weekend.

Pickyknitter said...

Look what I found for you! This is a post from the "other" blog of the woman who runs Cake Wrecks. I hope it gives you hope & not despair... http://www.epbot.com/2011/04/crack-house-love.html

painting with fire said...

Am so with you about not watching/listening to too much news!

Peppermint Mocha Mama said...

I just wanted to say that if you don't hear from Barb, I'd gladly take her place... lol.

~Donna~ said...

I've been on a bit of no-news thing myself. Amazing how much it helps with the relaxing.

I'm in for the book.

Anonymous said...

I'd love a copy of Pema Chodron's book. I'm so happy to hear you're feeling more in control. Your plate has been REALLY full this year! I'm starting to feel more caught up too...maybe it's Spring thaw.
PomegranateSeed (from Ravelry)

Kissbare said...

dog in lap needing love making it hard to put my name in the hat for the book. he's gone now.

in the hat my name goes.

Anonymous said...

I have this book out from the library right now! Would love to have a copy of my own - I do feel that it will end up with the person who needs it most (how zen is that??)

hugs to you Bonnie - I've been enjoying catching up on all your news!

Robin
robingail on ravelry