Monday, April 25, 2011

holy crap. me?? an fo??

I've been knitting more and more over the last few weeks, even with my right arm being in so much pain, and I do believe it has been actually helping my hand not to hurt it (I've also booked several weeks in a row with a physical therapist, which I'm sure is key, as well). My arm is at about 90%. I've figured out how to avoid the activities that trigger it, and now that I'm on the mend, I've gotten the go ahead to start some mild strengthening exercises so I can slowly get back to doing everything again.

Anyhow, with the increase in knitting, I have finished something for the first time in awhile!

Using my friend Merrily's pattern, I turned this ginormous skein of thick and thin wool yarn.....


...into one huge squishy scarf of awesomeness.





Quite the "fashion statement", eh?
I loooove it :-)

All the details here on the Ravelry project page.



I'm still chugging away at the cream colored guernsey wrap/scarf (I'm about halfway), but this morning I took some of my handspun and cast-on for some fingerless mitts that I am whipping right through.
Happy.
Very very happy.

2 comments:

~Donna~ said...

Scarf is awesome and that color looks great on you!

Yay for FO's!!!

TheMIG said...

I don't know what an FO is, but dang my girlfriend's cute!