Tuesday, January 17, 2012

next...!

Days and days of stockinette, and 54 woven ends later....



Done! (well, at least I am done with this one....remember I am doing v.2-the-small also)

Here's a link to the project page.

If my scale and maths are correct, it looks like I have enough left over yar to kick out this little beret, too. I've been wanting to do that one for awhile. I also have one other very warm looking beret that I'd love to kick out pretty quickly because it is goshdarned f-f-f-freeeezing here lately! We were down in the mid 20's F last night (and yes, I realize that some of you from other parts of the country are laughing your arses off because it is far colder where you live...but this is pretty cold for us LOL)


As for the much needed lace, I've decided the best thing to do is to mere the lace need with my desire to clean out the knitting basket of any WorksInProgress. I realized that I have a shawl in there that has the body done, but needs it's schmancy lace border put on. I put the project on a time out when I was picking up the border. Not that picking up is all that difficult normally, it's just that I was picking up as directed, and it was looking crappy. And by crappy, I mean uber-crappy. You are picking up along a bias edge, and you are doing it by knitting into the front and back of a garter stitch ridge every other time, and it was making little f-ugly holes and an wonky uneven edge. I couldn't get it to look right, so I tossed the thing in the pit o' knitting doom.

Luckily, one of the ladies in the new knitting group I have been going to on Fridays (still need to tell y'all about that) was wearing one a couple of weeks ago. Hers looked fabulous, and she told me that when she was picking up it looked uber-crappy too, so she brought it into the group for some help, and ended up just forging ahead, and it all came out fine in the end once it was blocked. So I am now inspired to just get on with it.



Oooo, something else to tell you about! I'm trying to get a new knitting group going in my town here at the local sports bar. Tonight is the first meeting! The owners are a husband and wife duo, and their two kids (boys, no less) are both knitters (they are part of the high school knitting club I teach at). The mom has just taken up loom knitting because she's scared to try actual knitting, but I have a feeling she'll be up for giving it a try once she she sees what we're all up to. Anyhow, the owners are totally supportive of bringing a knitting group into their establishment. They are setting us up in a back corner that is a little quieter and has better lighting....plus I go there pretty regularly for food, so I already know that it's fresh and yummy. Woot!

I'm crossing my fingers it goes well.

1 comments:

FUZZARELLY said...

That it one beautiful shawl! And I love the idea of a knitting group in a bar! None of my friends here in Missouri knit, though. :-(