Friday, February 08, 2013

550 sweaters

I am not feeling quite myself. Totally exhausted, actually...and already had fallen asleep while TheMostImportantGuy was working on catching up on Downton Abbey.

So this post is thanks to KarenTheDancingLurker who sent me a link to this cute video a couple of days ago!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since 1955, Loes Veenstra has knitted over 550 sweaters and stored them in her home on the 2nd Carnissestraat in Rotterdam. The sweaters have never been worn. Until today.

(blogger is notorious for cutting off part of the frame, so click here for a better look if you need to.)






2 comments:

Mountaingmom said...

Awesome!

Jen Anderson said...

Just...wow. The video is so happy, but there's something sad about storing 550 sweaters for decades. Was there no one in her life who asked her to make them a sweater? Or was she asked and she said no because she didn't make sweaters to be worn?

I happen to know an agoraphobic, hoarder knitter (who does knit for others), so that's where my mind goes. Now that I've written all this, it occurs to me that maybe she's a test knitter for a pattern company.

Still...wow.