Thursday, January 31, 2008

things around my house thursday, 5 of 52

I'm going to need to take a break this week from giving the tour of the AllTheLittleBoxesAltar in the bedroom. I just don't have it in me today to write about personal items that are so...personal. I'll be back at it next week. I'm fine, kids. Nothing is wrong. I just don't have the energy tonight to do that much thinking!

I'm drained. Lots goes on when it is a performance week.

For today's tour around my house, I'll simply show you some love.

Things Around My House Thursday

soapstone hearts

There is nothing special or sacred about them. I just like them. I looking at them, and I like to fiddle around with them, like a worry stone or something. They are very smooth and comforting. At the moment, they live on the bottom shelf of the glass topped coffee table in the livingroom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news....

So here I am, not only eating 100% raw/vegan food, but in its present configuration, from an even more more restrictive menu as well (remember, I am doing this "cleanse program" thing--I also have to be taking the herbs in capsule form plus drinking these funky tasting herbal shakes 5 times a day, too--ugh).

So there I was last night, pondering what to make for dinner for MyFavoriteKid and TheMostImportantGuy, who was coming over for a visit. I just didn't have it in me to spend time in the kitchen preparing something for them and then not be able to eat it. I decided to order pizza.

Dudes.
I ate the pizza.

This actually may have been okay if what I had done was to enjoy a slice along with a nice big green salad. But is that what I did??

NOoooooooooooo. I ate NO salad. I just ate THREE slices of pizza.

MyFK took the cheese, I took the veggie...that's what we left for TheMIG

There is nothing inherently wrong with a few slices of pizza. I mean hey, at least it was vegetarian, and it came from a local mom & pop pizzeria. But probably not the best choice of foods to eat in the middle of a cleanse.

Ohhhh, it was so good, though.

It was warm and gooey, and emotionally satisfying. Hey, at least I took enjoyment in every single bite of it.

Unfortunately, the pizza didn't mix with all the herbal stuff to well.
I didn't feel so good after I ate it. Instantly. Burping, indigestion, a rumbly tummy.



You want to know the interesting thing? I didn't even GET IT until this morning (at 3:30am this morning, I might add, when I woke up with an even bigger tummy ache) that the real reason I wanted that pizza was not because I wanted something warm or didn't feel like preparing something for myself.

It was because I was feeling so uncomfortable with myself.

It was totally emotional eating. And this 3-slicer binge came AFTER I had written yesterday's post, at which point I KNEW I was feeling overly emotional.

How I did not put that together in the moment of warm gooey cheesiness is beyond me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A reminder...New to this blog for 2008:
My comments to your comments can now be found in the comments.

5 comments:

Mouse said...

Tripped and fell into the box of pizza and accidentally ate 3 pieces on the way down? I'm sure you're probably sick as a dog from it now but I'm sure from the photo that it was GOOD at the time. Hey.. its veggie pizza, that's just like having salad with it- you're just having it ON it. Right, right? Hey.. I tried.

Helen said...

I think this says everything we know about pizza and its emotional value http://tinyurl.com/2bnqmn

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

mouse ~ such a good try that i shall have to steal it.

helen ~ hahahahaha!

jodi said...

I know that you have good reasons for doing this raw cleanse regimen, but I'm not surprised you fell, because although there's lots I don't know about you, I have a suspicion you're not superhuman. Every time I try to cut something out of my diet I end up falling down and eating it (this didn't happen with the gross unhealthy things like pop, chocolate, other processed sugar junk, those are all easy for me to go without; I'm talking about the yummy not-totally-unhealthy things I eat too much of, like the big bowls of popcorn with nutritional yeast that I gained five pounds eating last fall). Don't beat yourself up about it too much. And hey, if you got the pizza without cheese then it would be just like Mouse says.

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

jodi ~ Actually I'm not beating myself up at all. My tummy is LOL. And yeah, not super, just human ;-)