Thursday, February 21, 2008

things around my house thursday, 8 of 52

We're doing okay. MyFavoriteKid has been sans fever for 2 days, but he still has a hacking cough, so I kept him out of school for another day. I'm not sure about tomorrow yet, or the weekend, either. His illness might prevent me from going to Stitches West, I am sad to say *sigh*. Especially if I end up catching his cooties, which I am doing everything in my power not to (c'mon, chant with me: Airborne-Lysol-Airborne-Lysol-hey-yah-ho-yah).

As for the cat mourning process, today I managed to finally tidy up all of his KittyAccoutrement. That was a little hard. Most of his things (litter box, food bowls) were in the laundry room off the kitchen, and as a result of not putting them away, I was avoiding going in there to do laundry. That wasn't going to work for long.

I have only heard the GhostKitten meow 3 times so far. And I'm not the only one that heard it (MyFK heard one of the meows, and we weren't even in the same part of the house when it happened). So shut up. I'm not nuts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm taking the easy route with the Things Around My House post this week. Nothing super special, like the objects on the altar I've been writing about thus far, but I thought I'd share this.


This is a bumper sticker that I have taped to the mirror in my bathroom.

I try to keep my budding little buddhist practice peppered with humor.
I'd like to think that being present doesn't always require such a serious effort.

Most of what I see when I ''stop seeing" makes me want to laugh anyhow.

2 comments:

The Bon said...

didn't yourFK get sick this time last year? Only not until just AFTER stitches if I recall. Hang in there, you can stay germ free!

Pickyknitter said...

Best mirror sticker ever. Thanks!