Wednesday, January 23, 2013

vintage me.

Typing still sucks. The burn is okay, but the deeply cut left pinky finger is not okay yet at all. Apparently yesterday's post freaked my parents out because they called me and gave me crap for not wanting to be taken to the emergency room. I had to stop by their house and show them it wasn't quite so bad. And it's not. But it's the tip of the pinky, and typing sucks. As does getting it wet. As does banging it up against anything, which seems to be all I do today.

Okay, so here's a pic to keep you entertained until I mend:


I don't know exactly when this was taken, but I know for a fact it was taken by then best girlfriend Pam, and I took one of her as well, and somewhere there is another photo of her and I together we had a passer by take for us. It was taken across the street from my apartment in Piedmont/Oakland.  I don't recall where we were headed.

I am thinking I was about 25 when this was taken, so I'd say circa 1992.

Red velvet body suit, layers of lacy sheer skirts, suede slouchy boots, and a woven vest.  And some giant earrings, and if that wasn't enough....hey, how about a hat??  Oooh, and I see that I'm holding red sunglasses.  LOL   I know it doesn't show well in the pic, but I find it hilarious that the brooch I am wearing pinned to my vest is a big giant fake engagement style ring with a big giant fake ruby set in it. Cracks me up.

Clearly I was in my pagan Stevie Nicks-ish earth mama phase of dressing, yah think??







special thanks once again to my parents who keep unearthing these little gems for you!

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Hah! Before scrolling past the picture I looked at your outfit and went, aww yeah, 1992. ;) Because I looked pretty much like this in 1992 too.

Sorry about your hand, that's a drag. I hope your thumb split had healed before this happened, at least. (I had one too, which has finally closed. Every January it happens, ugh!).