Friday, November 24, 2006

things that have brought big smiles in the past 2 days

* The sheriff that responded to my NeighborGuy complaint not only giving me a handshake as she left, but also a hug.

* TheMIG and I sending our first camera phone photos to each other: views from our seats at our respective Thanksgiving dinners. I'd loved to have put up both photos here, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet, and I don't think I'll figure it out by midnight when I need to get this damn thing posted.

* My kid bursting out into laughter while sleep-talking.

* Splitting a gut while reading TheMIG's first post on his new blog called, "Randumb".

* Penguins in sweaters.

* Using my new cell phone to sit in the sunshine and listen to MarvinSuicide, Cast-On, and Sticks And String.

* Going out for a Philly CheeseSteak (ranks right up there with Spaghettios as a comfort food).

* An online chat, a cup of hot tea, and armwarmers, all facilitated by TheBon.

* Knitting. Wait 'till you see what I've been knitting. Photos tomrrow morning when the light is better. More goofy silly little obsessive things. I'm having a blast. Oh, and I also cast-on the lace. Very smile inducing.

* Watching a borrowed copy of Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Workshop. If you thought she was funny in print, oh my. It's really magical to hear her voice. It's quite entertaining to hear her say things like, "each stitch is like a little heart shaped thing." Or, discussing gauge, she says, "{with this wool} Four {stitches to the inch} is alright...but six is tight...and..and..three would be sleazy. So...maybe you like sleazy sweaters! They're very fashionable right now." And this additional gem about gauge: "...and it muddles me to this day. But you see, I don't have to make sweaters that fit. I just make sweaters. And then the people who they fit...wear them. I'm most fortunate. I make so many sweaters. I shouldn't tell you that, but that's the way I operate." Or, "I'm not fit to give knitting lessons! But you don't often have mathmeticians who are knitters, and viceversa {from off camera...some statement about her using a calculator} I can't even work a calculator." And why am I bothering to explain the charm of her voice with more print. You need her tone and the look on her face as she peers over her glasses at you. That was the whole point. Duh. Anyhow, good knitting company.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I'm tired of NaBloPoopedMo, but I refuse to give in so close to the finish line.
I did not achieve my original goal of every post being creative process based post. Close. But no cigar. Just too big of an oBLOGation.

1 comments:

Mouse said...

I'm with you on that NaBloPoMo exhaustion.. I can't wait for it to be over. I know many people who post on a daily basis in general.. and I can't imagine doing this for more than 30 days without going completely batshit.