Sunday, December 31, 2006

the last recap (plus one last kvetch) for 2006

(2:27 pm...edited to correct globs of missing text and links at the end of post. Damn blogger.)

Sorry, but before I get to the bloggy recap, I'm gonna kvetch. Don't want to hear it? Don't want to be grossed out?? Fine. Just scroll past the ~~~~~
Okay. Here we go:

THIS FUCKING TITTY BURN IS KILLING ME!!!!!!

It's on my right boobie. It begins about 3 fingers down from collar bone, and it's about 3-4 inches wide in most places. The bulk of it is topside, but there is a blister on the underside of the aereola (sorry so graphic, but how else does one explain it). Do you have any idea how hard it is to let a burn in this location "air out"??? Yes, I have literally been trying to find unique ways to dress so that I can let one boob hang out. It's lovely. One burned up boobie hanging out of a tied up crop top. Do you have any idea what it's like to have a burn on "pendulous tissue"??? When you can't wear a bra because it hurts to much?? And your girls tend to not only head south, but east and west?? And you use crutches and a wheelchair so your burnt goods are brushing up against hardware and your moving arm?? And it hurts to knit because you have to bring your arms in front of yourself to much?? Grrr!!

THIS SUCKS. And it might prevent me from going out tonight to join TheMIG in a New Year's Eve Celebration. He can't stay home with me. He's the sound engineer at an event that I would really enjoy going to (world beat music and "Gothic Bellydancers"...whatever those are...but I'd like to see it). If I decide to stay home, there isn't even any Dick Clark to keep me company.

At least I have my own "supplies".





Yay. I can sit here and toot my own horn all alone. Get giggly and laugh at myself. Whee.
Wait. I know. I can stalk Cara's blog and wish her Happy Birthday in every time zone.

Gah!! I AM SO CRABBYPOOPY!!

Thanks. I needed to get that off my chest. (bwahaha!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay. Enough of that.

Here's a recap of what happened on this blog this year. Format first seen at Monster Yarn a few weeks ago, but it spread like a wildfire.

The First Sentence Of Each Month For 2006

January
I never make New Year's resolutions.

February
we are mid-way between the Winter Solstice and the Spring Equinox, call it what you will (Groundhog's Day, St.Brigid's Day, Imbolg, etc...)

March
Science--It was storming last night.

April
Welcome to my “This is Not a Review of the Rakkasah” Review....

May
Now that I'm occasionally walking upright with the prosthesis (no crutches or wheelchair), I have found myself wanting one of those little wrist bags for carrying small knitting projects in.

June
"Can I ask You something?"

July
Okay.

August
I got home last night, and today has been all about adjusting to life on the home front (ie going from kid-less into mommy-mode at full throttle).

September
Crikey.

October
Cathartic Ink told me to go tag myself.

November
NaBloPoMo.

December
Click and Read here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And, in trolling my own blog for those headlines, I rediscovered some of my favorite posts.

Kitty Ears Hat as The Necklace.

My successful change of habit (hey Mom! It's December, and I'm still making my bed!).

My favorite dance photos of the year (mid-post).

My best whining.

My favorite words of wisdom I'd like to spend more time reflecting on.

The post that got the most hits.

I hate admitting this because it almost killed me, but...My best month of blogging.

And last, but not least...My favorite self-portrait:




Good thoughts to all for Joy and Prosperity in the coming New Year.
See ya' in 2007 ;-)

11 comments:

InkyW said...

LOL - I do love that picture.

Boob burns have got to suck, I can't even imagine any useful advice here.

Happy New Year to you (and I will soon make it to the post office, at least your "not much of a surprise" surprise is packaged!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god I'm so sorry about your boob. That so sucks. But that picture is fantastic and you can certainly wish me happy birthday as many time zones as you like. ;-)

Here's to a very uneventful new year! And healed boobies!

Mouse said...

Ok.. that sounds awfully painful! I hope your boob heals soon!
I would love to see the gothic bellydance performance.. from what I know its simply bellydance moves done to gothic type music and usually involves black veils. Your second option looks like a great idea too! Happy Newyear!

idyllicchick said...

That is one of my most favorite pictures in the whole world evah!

Sheepish Annie said...

What a way to end the year! Here's hoping for fast healing and that there is some sort of karmic balance after this. I mean, really...shouldn't a person be due for about nine billion good things after a boob burn????? Sheesh!

Happy New Year!

Carrie said...

I am so sorry about your breast! Can you wrap the hell out of it, with A and D ointment to protect it from the wrapping, and let it air out at night? You poor thing. I hope your evening was fun, and that you weren't too freaked out by Dick Clark, and just happy he was still plugging along. Loved the self-portrait pic, too. I hadn't seen it before...

jodi said...

Oh honey, so sorry about your boob troubles. Sounds like you need to lie back and let it sit still and have some cute boys serve you tea all day.

Hope you managed to have a fun night and that you didn't have to watch that awful Dick Clark. I'm pretty sure he's actually been dead for a few years and they're using an animatronic replica now. Either that or they just prop up his corpse for the show, then put it right back into the cryogenic unit afterwards (you know, just like they do with Keith Richards for every Stones concert).

Gray said...

Ouch, that sounds horrible. Yes, I love that photo too.

I hope you feel better soon.

Diane said...

You really need to carry a print of that picture around for the days when you don't feel like explaining what happened to your leg.

As far as the booby, boobs all around the blog world are cringing in sympathy for you.

My only idea is to to try a couple of different products...one used to be called "No More Ouchies" and is a spray on painkiller (likely to sting at first but then gets better) or, don't laugh, teething medication (orajel for babies...often comes as a liquid). I've tried both on burns and have gotten some relief. I imagine something like solarcaine would help also.

Denise said...

I love that picture in the park! I love your sense of humor.

Oh, and sorry about the burn. Ouch.

I've been reading your blog for awhile but not commenting (similar to your commment on Sheepish Annie's site). Anyway, I really enjoy reading your blog - thanks!

Hannah said...

I LOVE the picture!